No one wants bugs trapped in their house, but maybe you’re not comfortable with using harmful pesticide sprays, either. If you want to protect yourself and your family from bug invaders, there are a few home remedies you can try. Some have been proven to be quite effective, and if you use more than one, you’ll likely find success.
Home Remedies Against Bugs
- To keep spiders away, use the peel from any citrus fruit. Take the peel and rub down any area of the house where you often see spiders, like windowsills, book shelves, your bathroom floor, etc. Not only does the scent repel the spiders, it also keeps your house smelling great
- Use lemon eucalyptus oil to repel against ticks and mosquitoes
- Put white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray areas where you’ve seen a lot of ants
- Planting lavender around your house will provide a calming scent to your home while also keeping away mosquitoes
- Ants hate cucumbers! If you want to keep ants out of the kitchen, keep some cucumber slices lying around
- When you go for a hike, keep dryer sheets in your pockets to keep away a whole host of nasty pests
- Leave small piles of cornmeal where you see the most ants. Ants don’t realize they can’t digest cornmeal and die after eating it
- If you’re grilling on the bbq, throw some sage or rosemary on the coals to repel mosquitoes
These simple tips can make a world of difference this summer. Fight bugs the natural way, instead of investing in harmful chemical sprays.