Pest Control FAQs – Answered by Our Pest Control Professionals at
ProActive Pest Management
At ProActive Pest Management, we are passionate about helping property owners keep their spaces free of pests. That’s why we are proud to offer a selection of industry-leading pest control and prevention services for homes and businesses in the greater Illinois area. But our commitment to quality pest control goes beyond servicing. We are also passionate about helping property owners learn more about pests and pest control themselves. On this page, we’ve compiled at set of frequently asked questions about pest control, each answered by our professionals. Read on to for answers to your pest control FAQs, and reach out to our team for high-quality pest control services today!
What can i do to help prevent pests in my home?
Your ProActive service professional will inspect your home and property during your service and give some recommendations for correcting conditions that can lead to pest infestation. For example, your shrubs may need to be trimmed. There could be holes or cracks near your door that need sealed. Or, you might not have noticed that there are entry points in your garage, which could permit rodents to enter. Following these recommendations can be very helpful and helps to keep pest out.
What can I do to help prevent pests in my commercial location?
Pest control in commercial locations such as retail stores, restaurants, and office buildings is considerably harder than pest control in homes. This is because these locations typically have more entrances, more people, and more hiding places for pests. That being said, many of the same pest prevention solutions used in homes apply for commercial locations as well. Beyond those recommendations, cleaning especially important in commercial locations, as more people means more mess and more ideal conditions for pests. Hiring a reliable cleaning staff is often a sound investment for continued pest prevention. Other tips include covering large trach receptacles and dumpsters, investing in adequate lighting, staying on top of building maintenance, and regularly scheduling pest inspections with a pest control team in your area. Additionally, it’s important to keep all employees and property personnel on the same page about pest prevention. With every involved, pest prevention will be that much easier and more effective.
I have ants all over my kitchen. What should I do?
If you have ants in your kitchen or bathroom it is important to identify the ant involved before trying to get rid of it. Some ant species can be managed using ant baits, while others cannot. To be successful you must follow the ants back to their colony and treat the colony directly (except when dealing with pharaoh ants). ProActive service technicians have the experience to identify what type of ant it is and can then treat specifically for the problem.
What can I do to keep the spiders out of my home?
Here are a few things you can do to cut down on the number of spiders you see in your home.
- Seal all holes and cracks around doors, windows, vents, fans, lights, etc.
- Seal any openings around pipes under sinks in both the kitchen and bathroom.
- Place sticky traps near doorways, along walls, in the garage, behind furniture, and anywhere else you are seeing them.
- Regularly remove webs from the house, garage, and outside windows.
What should I look for when choosing a local pest control company?
There are a number of factors that may differentiate pest control companies. Below are a few helpful guidelines to use when choosing a local pest control company.
- Look for a company that is local and cares about you. It is important when you have questions or when calling in for re-services to have a company that knows who you are and actually care about serving you.
- Search for a reputable company. What is a reputable pest control company? One that has a strong online presence and representatives who are knowledgeable about pests, who know how to treat for them, and who understand the different types of construction in your area.
- Ask about their eco-friendly options. While some pest control companies offer eco-friendly pest control options, others do not. Eco-friendliness is often a desirable option to have, since many conventional pest control products can damaging for people, pets, and the environment.
- Be certain they are properly licensed and insured. Proper licensing and insurance are essential in the event of complications. By partnering with a company that licensed and insured, you will guarantee that your property is covered in the event of damage or any other unforeseen issues.
- Find out if they offer re-treatment at no additional cost. All reputable pest control companies should offer re-treatment to back up their services. That way, they guarantee your satisfaction and a solution to your pest problem — even if it takes multiple visits.
Why should I choose ProActive Pest Management for my pest control needs?
There are a number of reasons why you should choose our team here at ProActive Pest Management for your pest control needs. For one, we check all of the boxes in the question above. Recognized as one of the most reputable service providers in the region, we are fully licensed and insured, local, and staffed with an experienced team committed to providing high-quality service that meets expectations, guaranteed. We also utilize some of the industry’s latest pest control equipment and proudly offer eco-friendly pest control options for homes and businesses. On top of that, we offer services like our Four-Season Pest Control Service to help properties stay pest-free year-round. But back to our guarantee. It’s called the ProActive Protection Guarantee, and it has the following benefits.
- Same-day pest control. When you call us for pest control, we’ll have an expert to your commercial location and a solution proposed within 24 hours.
- Return servicing, free of charge. If a pest manages to re-enter your commercial or residential property after we’ve completed our service, we’ll administer another round of servicing at no extra charge.
- Custom-designed pest control plans. At ProActive Pest Management, we know that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to pest control. That’s why we proudly offer custom-tailored pest control plans to address different infestations and the unique needs of our clients and their properties.
Learn More and Partner
Want to learn more about our restaurant pest control services? Ready to schedule an appointment with our professionals? Contact us today to have your questions answered and book your appointment with our pest control team today!